james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:30:17 GMT
> Either we use groovy, use another container's XML construct to configure
> James, or invent our own XML structure.  What do you suggest?

I would suggest that we use the relevant constructs for the
container(s) we support.
So we could prepare a Spring James distribution, a Phoenix James etc etc.

But for the mailet config we should go with the XML we're used to.

my 2c is that we should be delivering a set of service API's and
implementations which can be assembled into a mail server in any of
several containers, let the people who want to use the container
configure it using the container's own configuration mechanisms.

But I don't think that is the whole story..