james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:02:17 GMT
> I think we're talking different levels.
Only if "the use of containers" is already "nailed down", and there's no
way "without containers" :).

> Basically we're heading towards
> James as a collection of PoJo's,
Hmm, I've always thought of: a "collection of PoJos for James" :).

> and then we're talking about the ideal
> container for James.
If it's only about deciding what container to use, maybe it might help
by asking the opinion on the different container user lists.
The authors/community of the different containers can better answer if
their container can do(with minimal effort from our side) what we would
need for James.

> My preference would be for a container that does hot-loading, supports
> splitting configuration into multiple files, and doesn't require us to
> care about what file made the change and appropriately hot-reload only
> the parts that need to be reloaded.
I'm not aware of a container that fulfills all the requirements you
described, it's very stable, and adds no complexity for the user :).

Ahmed.