james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject James & Avalon - WAS [Fwd: Plans for Fulcrum release ....]
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:15:34 GMT
Hi folks,

might be of interest for you - at Jakarta Fulcrum we developed a simple
Avalon Container to replace the obsolete ECM and Merlin - YAAFI.

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-yaafi/index.html

It is very simple (intentionally) but might fit your needs

+) I already embedded YAAFI into JAMES to provide S/MIME and PDF
signature for my company (sorry, this stuff I can't contribute)
+) we currently work on component compatibilty to run a Phoenix or
Fortress component within YAAFI
+) we have couple of new service such as Groovy support,
encryption/decryption, ...
+) if there is a need I can also commit a couple of components to map
event/commands to Groovy scripts

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl