james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Franck Charlemagne <franck.charlema...@free.fr>
Subject Which is the better way to compile JAMES : from ZIP or subversion ?, with Eclipse or not ?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:12:04 GMT
Hi,

My aim is to configure a development environnement upon a stable release
to study / compile / browse / search JAMES code.
So, i tried two ways :
- Unzip james code including phoenix (james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src.zip)
and try to configure Eclipse to build the project
- Install subversion plugin for Eclipse, and check out the stuff.

The first way seem to be difficult since james project seems not to be
organized for eclipse (but I could be wrong)
So I try the second way : check out the code from
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james but :
I can't see which branche in the tree to check out has project (I am a
newbie with subversion...) : is it server/tags/build_2_1_3.fcs or other ????

Perhaps Eclipse is a wrong way, and it would be more easy to use
something else, but what ? Which tool do you use to work onto James ? Or
is it the first way the better one : do you know a tutorial ?

Thanks you for your ideas,

Franck