james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Diego Pietralunga <di...@ltt.it>
Subject getSender() always return null
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:21:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm on James 2.2.1-RC1.

I'm facing a problem with the mail sender (MAIL FROM).

When using Mail.getSender() I'm always getting null.
The mailet is palced in the root processor and it's working on a SMTP
Authenticated outbound message.

I took a look at the source code and saw a sort of trick about the
Return-Path header into LocalDelivery (line 59)
I also looked at SMTPHandler, but the suspicious code snippet is
commented out... (line 1352)
The strange thing is that other mailets use that function...

I need to know the Return-Path beforehand, while processing the incoming
mail message.

I'm not a RFC  expert... Who should insert the Return-Path header?
The client?
I tried with Thunderbird and Sylpheed on Linux but no luck (btw I also
tried KMail but fails SMTP AUTH for unknown reasons)

Can you help?

Thanks,

Diego