james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject ClamAVScan - antivirus scan mailet using ClamAV's CLAMD daemon
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:33:13 GMT
I just committed to James SVN (branch_2_1_fcs) a new mailet - ClamAVScan
- that uses ClamAV's CLAMD daemon to scan mails for viruses.

I have it in production since some days and it works really well: until
now, not a single infected message was undetected by it and detected
instead by McAfee's Viruscan, that is called later on in my mailet
pipeline for doublechecking.

I will shortly remove the Viruscan call and keep only ClamAVScan, as it
is much faster.

I wrote some comments in a James Wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/james/ClamAVScan

Let me know if there are any problems.

Perhaps Noel can make some stress testing too :-) ?

Vincenzo