james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:18:19 GMT
> Working from my Spring experience

Likewise me,

> (very limited),

Also likewise!

> anything in JNDI,
> Hibernate, JDBC, or other category "b" sources can be provided in the
> IoC framework by bean-factory wrappers, so it's just a question of us
> defining the right POJO interfaces.  Then any "operational" task can get
> loaded from whatever underlying resource.

Yes agreed.
It is those resources I'm concerned with, I would love to see james
fitted up with "configuration services" but at the end of the day
there will still be the primary resources, and they will include text
or xml descriptions of processor architectures.

How else can we allow users to design their own message flows and processing??

I agree with all you have said, I think we're all starting to reach a
common understanding albeit from a number of different initial
prejudices!

We do still have a lot of  stuff to talk through though.

d.