james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:07:30 GMT
Alexander Zhukov wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman пишет:

Really?  I didn't even know that I knew how to пишет.  How cool!

> > With respect to Groovy, I see that fitting into a startup role, and we
> > should be open to seeing multiple technologies able to fill that role.

> Let me stress again that JamesNGs configuration can be written in
> whatever language you want (certainly java included)

> > Primary configuration could be defined via JNDI, and we finally have a good
> > set of code to address that area.  We also have
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/ available.

> please no JNDI configuration this throws all POJO efforts away

That is absolutely not true.  POJO and JNDI are orthogonal.  Furthermore, JNDI is the standard
for all J2EE activities.  And Commons Configuration allows us to use XML, JNDI and other media
for configuration information.

JNDI also means that we can administer things dynamically and across a cluster, which would
be a major bonus.

> - again ALL (not the some but ALL) objects requiring configuration
> have to now about external entity.

We can use JNDI directly, e.g., context.lookup("services/DNSService"), where the InitialContext
is context-sensitive based upon configuration information for the component given that JNDI
context, and/or we can pass Commons Configuration objects into components.

	--- Noel