james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Domain Handling
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:25:35 GMT
> I was looking for a general buy-in because there would be no point in
> starting something otherwise.

You could wait forever for people to be affirmative, the normal approach is
to take silence as tacit acceptance.

> Do we need a vote or something?  Unfamiliar with how this mechanism works
> here.  Is a separate technical explanation needed first? What?

All you really need to do is to ensure that you have people on board who
are prepared to review and approve your chnage.

> Another person to retrofit the XMLVirtualUserTable class to work with the
> new MailetContext methods is a must since I'm unable to do this myself
> easily.  Or we could say that this is only supported by a database.

That would be ok, if someone wants it they can implement it.

> It would be good if someone else could volunteer handle some/all of the
> RemoteManager/Pop3/SMTP stuff; the changes are straightforward.  If
> necessary, I can do this myself but this will slow everything down by
> weeks/months since I'm unfamiliar with the codebase in these areas.

It is hard to find people with the time to spare.

> In any case I could start by posting the recommended interface only and
> syntax changes to this list or to somewhere else first.

Heres the right place.

d.

viruses.