james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: webmail?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:48:21 GMT
> Hi, all!
>
> Guys, any plans to integrate webmail into james? Any candidates, ideas?
>
> Has this ever been discussed on the list? (please point me to the thread)
Here is a list with some web-mails clients:
http://java-source.net/open-source/web-mail

I've tested them all, but they are not impressive at all (even if the
authors are making hard work :( ).

There are others OS too, but everything that's in JAVA for WebMailing is
very poor compared to PHP variants.

It would be really good to have a WebMail FOR JAVA that can compete with
the PHP versions.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.
P.S. We tested ALL the WebMails in Java available, for a previous
customer, and no Java implementation was found to beat the PHP
alternatives he could choose from :(.