james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mailing List Manager
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:48:57 GMT
> I came accross another mailing list implementation, jGroups :
> http://jvgroups.sourceforge.net/
Nice project :).

> So, to sum up my requirements:
>
> -Single mailet, one time only change to config file.
> -JDBC based config/users store
> -Webapp for admin to administer mailing lists (+ eventually users + maybe
> even users self admin)
> -More configurable mailing lists (some enhanced options/features not
> available at the moment)
> -Commands from users sent via email (optional admin via webapp - if enabled
> for that list)
Sounds very good.

> I think i'll set up command list server for the time being, and then try to
> cobble together a new list server based on jGroups, and the command list
> server.  Hopefully i can reuse much of the code.
It looks like a simple Hibernate based webapplication (without a MVC
framework) - so it should be reusable a lot of the code.
Only the directory structure is a little bit strange (with everything in
WEB-INF/classes :) ).

Ahmed.
P.S. Offtopic: this one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/james-ha/ looks
like a small improvement to James. Maybe it could be integrated in James :).