james-server-dev mailing list archives

From radjesh <rad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is deployment of WAR file possible in Apache James ?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:03:18 GMT
Hi Stefano,
   yes i have used mailets in addition to java code. I  built my
application and created a jar  file  and placed it in
JAMES_HOME/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib directory.It did work fine, now i when i I  built my
application and created a WAR  file  and placed it in
JAMES_HOME/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib directory and if i start the James server, am getting the

following error
"nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Requested mailet not found:
AckDelRejService. looked in [, com.scb.octopus.mailets.,
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.]"

eventhough i specify the path clearly as
<mailetpackage>com.scb.octopus.mailets</mailetpackage>

, the mailets are located in WEB-INF/Classes/com/scb/octopus/mailets
and it is not able to identify it. If i mention the path as

<mailetpackage>WEB-INF.Classes.com.scb.octopus.mailets</mailetpackage>
that wuold mean am trying to chnage the package name . I teven tried it
and now its saying it cannot find the mailet in
WEB-INF/Classes/com/scb/octopus/mailets. Its just that i need to deploy
my applciation as WAR file in Apache James. Any help would be most
appreciated.

 Thanks in advance
 Rajesh

Stefano Bagnara <io@bago.org> wrote:> Can WAR file be deployed in James. Can somebody

> please help?

You should use the "users" list for this question.

James cannot deploy WAR files.
You can probably configure Phoenix to contain jetty modules and deploy WAR
inside Jetty via "Jetty-Phoenix" but I don't think this is what you're
looking for.

If you simply need to package your files then create the whole "james.sar"
package (similar to a war and containing both yours and james stuff).

Stefano

...life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.
   Good Day