james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: J2EE as "Avalon" replacement on James ?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:43:02 GMT
> As I saw that avalon is apparently EOLed, I just ask myself
> a question.

Perhaps, but code doesn't degrade like a biological substance.

> I am not sure if the new container has been already choosen.

I think there is general consensus on POJOs, but we still need a container,
and I'd go with Geronimo's.

> If not, what could prevent James to become a J2EE application

Nothing in JAMES touches J2EE.

> If so, the new container will be J2EE standard container

There is no such thing.  Yes, support for JMX and related would be good, but
that's not the same as claiming that there is a J2EE container.  Actually,
there are many: EJB container, Servlet Container, etc.

> Embeding the James connectors in JCA

JCA doesn't seem to over any benefit in this area at all.  Do you see
JavaMail transports written to JCA?

	--- Noel