james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Groovy after all?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:30:46 GMT
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:23:41 -0500
  "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>> One of the big arguments against Groovy in JamesNG was
>>the IDE support,
>> and it seems not to hold in the near future.
>
> ??  Where did you hear that?  Groovy works fine with
>BSF, and there was some
> work on BSF support.

Noel, I think you've been working too many hours lately.
 You seem to have skimmed or lost context of many threads.
:)

Check the thread where we discussed JamesNG.  There was
concern the Groovy was a newer tech than Java or XML or
the like, and so you would have less tool (and everything)
support.  This primarily was in the context of using
Groovy to assemble the JamesNG POJOs instead of a
conventional container.

--
Serge Knystautas