james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <m...@cycletime.com>
Subject Re: Mailing List Manager
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:33:19 GMT
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:18 +0000, Danny Angus wrote:
> > P.S. Offtopic: this one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/james-ha/ looks
> > like a small improvement to James. Maybe it could be integrated in James :).
>
> IIRC This change was already proposed, but i can find no record of it :-(

Sorry I'm two months late to the discussion.  I'm the maintainer of the
james-ha project on SF.  The code that was originally put there was
LGPL.  However, the LGPL requirement I had earlier has been lifted so it
can all be licensed as BSD or ASL 2.0 or whatever.  I would like to get
everything in James-HA into James.  I don't intend for James-HA to be a
real fork of James.

The most significant thing in James-HA is its distributed locking
mechanism.  I don't think the locking, in it's current state, is ready
to be moved into James.  I don't like how it's configured.  I'm not
really familiar with Avalon so I'm not sure how to go about including
the DLM in the James 2.2 branch.

In JamesNG (or whatever it's being called) it would be trivial to just
inject the locking mechanism.

-Mike