james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <m...@cycletime.com>
Subject Mina based SMTP handler
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:46:43 GMT
I've started playing with the Mina sub-project from the Apache Directory
project.  It's a fine piece of work.  Trustin Lea, the author, is a real
genius.  For those not familiar with Mina, I think you should check it
out.  It uses non-blocking IO and is an implementation of the staged
event driven architecture (SEDA).  SEDA makes it possible to have
thousands of concurrent network connections.

I've started rewriting the James SMTP handler to get my hands dirty with
a real protocol in Mina.  Originally I was just playing around.
However, things have started to gel and I was wondering if anyone else
has been working on something similar so we collaborate.

-Mike