james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <m...@cycletime.com>
Subject Re: SpringJames vs. JamesNG
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:04:12 GMT
> +1, let's get started doing some POJO

+1

After I posted about working on a Mina based SMTP protocol handler, I've
received off-list Emails from two different groups wanting me to work
with them on developing their own open-source Email server.  I'm sure
others on this list have received Emails from one or both of these
groups.

The truth of the matter is that I'm tempted to redirect my efforts to
work with one of these groups because the only thing that's really
happening with James development is talk.  It's constant bickering about
SDI vs CDI.

Can we stop the debate and just vote on a DI design pattern we should
follow?  I for one am a strong proponent of providing both methods for
DI.  Each POJO should have a default constructor and a dependency
injecting constructor that calls the setter dependency injectors.  This
would provide maximum compatibility and flexibility with the various
containers.

-Mike