james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabor Kincses <npure2...@yahoo.com>
Subject JAMES as a single class! Was: SpringJames vs. JamesNG
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:12:23 GMT

--- Soren Hilmer <soren.hilmer@tietoenator.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 22:47, Steve Brewin
> wrote:
[snip]

> Unfortunately all these patterns to deal with
> parameter bloat introduces more
> complexity and are thus violating the KISS
> principle.

I agree.  In the name of KISS, let's write James as a
single class.  Now for the 40+ parameters this class
needs to take, we might want to use SDI.  To avoid the
dreaded constructor bloat.  I would still use a public
inner Parameter class and CDI.  But then I would
violate the holy KISS.  You win.

Cheers,
Gabor

Gabor Kincses