james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject JMS?...
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:04:18 GMT
http://activemq.codehaus.org/

The benefit of using JMS is...
a) we adopt JMS and get the standard messaging framework abilities to...
   1) dump our thread pools and scheduling logic
   2) cluster spools
   3) monitoring of spools (out of the box web front end to monitor # of
messages in a topic/spool)
b) we're adopting a standard messaging framework, meaning someone (with
some programming) could take receiving a message via SMTP and stick the
MIME message in their own JMS topic.

Anyway, this is an incredibly non-trivial change, but as long as people
are considering POJO and Spring, this would fit nicely into that
architecture, and it is Apache-style licensing.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501