james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: JMS?...
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:27:41 GMT
apache@bago.org wrote:
> I think that there would be thread pools management at least for
> RemoteDelivery, don't we?

I don't know whether JMS can do the delayed processing, so perhaps we
use something like Quartz in conjunction with JMS.  But the goal is to
remove this thread/timing management code from James and rely on more
tested technologies.

>>Anyway, this is an incredibly non-trivial change, but as long
>>as people are considering POJO and Spring, this would fit
>>nicely into that architecture, and it is Apache-style licensing.
>
> Are you thinking to ActiveMQ as an alternative to
> spoolrepositories/spoolmanager/processors or the
> JamesSpoolManager/LinearProcessor should be translated in a ActiveMQ
> specific broker?

Spool repository is basically a mail repository with a linear processor.
  Right now Avalon is instantiating a thread pool to manage linear
processors, and instead LinearProcessor would be a POJO message listener
of a JMS topic.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501