james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: SpringJames vs. JamesNG
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:09:18 GMT
Mike Heath wrote:
> Can we stop the debate and just vote on a DI design pattern we should
> follow?  I for one am a strong proponent of providing both methods for
> DI.  Each POJO should have a default constructor and a dependency
> injecting constructor that calls the setter dependency injectors.  This
> would provide maximum compatibility and flexibility with the various
> containers.

+1

Mike,

I emphasize that open source projects are made by those who show up.  If
you have code you want to bring into the project, that would be greatly
accepted.

I'm surprised there is some consensus in the POJO approach (perhaps
indicative of the industry as a whole), but in any case, I will support
the person who wrote the code and give them a lot of lattitude.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501