james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Mina based SMTP Handler
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 03:31:48 GMT
Mike Heath wrote:
> Mina is an excellent framework.  The Mina based SMTP handler is much
> easier to read and understand than the one in James (at least, IMO).
> This all thanks to how well the Mina framework works.
>
> I would be happy to work with any James committers on merging my SMTP
> code into the new James HEAD (assuming the vote passes to create a new
> HEAD.)  I would also like to work on porting POP, IMAP and NNTP to Mina.

Mike,

I'm really interested in seeing how this looks... I agree the SMTP code
in James is less than simple, and from the Mina examples, it does look good.

I'm on the road a bit this week, but when I'm back, I'll checkout what
you've got.  Hopefully we can figure out some way to get this into
James, though that's a pretty non-trivial change. :)

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501