james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "A. Alonso Dominguez" <alonso.do...@gmail.com>
Subject James architecture issue
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:49:59 GMT
Hi guys,

I would like to write a java platform in the top of a Loom (Phoenix)
micro-kernel. One of the services I would like to have in my platform
is an email one, so I think that using James is a good idea. I
downloaded the James-with-Phoenix-2.2.0-src package.

Since Avalon has closed I can't compile it until Excalibur release the
new implementation of the Thread Component.

I would like to know if James will continue with that implementation
or if the James team will give it up forever. I think that Loom is a
great engine for distributed multi-tiered applications.

Regards,
Alonso

P.S.:I could use the future implementation of the Geronimo project but
I would like to use a more lightweight container.