james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] POJO pattern
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:31:04 GMT
> I can see that Mike's and my vote wasn't counted.
> Is this because we aren't commiters?

Correct.

> Where did your vote say that only commiters are
> allowed to vote?

Non commiters are allowed to vote, and we consider that it is a useful
indicator that the commiters are in-tune with the other contributors.

Actually only the votes of the project management comitee are binding,
as it says here:

However as I understand it it is practice for the commiters votes to
be counted and the outcome of this to be endorsed by lazy consensus of
the pmc.

> I'm afraid that with this kind of attitude it
> will be difficult to attract new developers.

Our attitude is that we earnestly wish to hear from and respond to the
views of all contributors. We value the casting of votes by
non-commiters, and I had no intention of  offending anyone by not
reporting the number of non-binding votes.

d.