james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Perry" <d.pe...@netcase.co.uk>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL]
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:53:20 GMT
Daft question, but is it not more sensible to have 3 branches here? head,
old-head, and branch_2_1_fcs where:

branch_2_1_fcs is current stable use-this-one branch. For now it is what
people should check out to get james source, but also keep it for any
necessary maintenence releases later.

head is new non-avalon version - "dont use this in a live server" type
branch - will become release eventually

head-old is current head.

Obviously branch_2_1_fcs could be moved to head, and have a new branch for
development of next gen?

My argument is that head *should* evolve away from branch_2_1_fcs fairly
quickly, but in the meantime people are still going to want the source for a
stable uptodate james?

Daniel.