james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] POJO pattern
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:02:44 GMT
> > Result after 24 hours,
> 24 hours! Where did it say that?

Don't take it too strongly.  Most votes go a minimum of 72, and you can veto
code change at any time.

> I wanted time to clarify something once I had come up
> with a viable solution.

I always encourage constructive dialog, and I support your desire to have a
reasonable period of time to formulate and present your ideas.

> Container agnostic POJOs have a definite +1 from me.
> But the vote offers...

:-)  Hence my comment to Danny about details, details, details.  We agree on
the idea.  The specific are yet to see a consensus.

> Aren't "Agnostic" and "SDI style" contradictory?

Actually, no.  And the idea that we will have pluggable objects that are
truely container agnostic glosses over the point that we need to create our
own models, and then create adapters to bridge between the container and our
models.

I prefer SDI-style, but if we have a constructor style container, we just
create the adapter whose constructor matches the container, and whose
behavior instantiates and initializes our model.

I think that you and I can probably agree from this point towards a
solution, based upon your code example.

	--- Noel