james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject Re: JAMES ... now that we (may be) merged, where to?
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 11:09:56 GMT
Exactly the same for me as for Stefano, plus two changes in config.xml
related to ssl support for POP3S and SMTPS:

1. The
    <sockets>
        <server-sockets>
            <factory name="ssl" ...>
                <keystore>
                </keystore>
            </factory>
        </server-sockets>
    </sockets>

    hierarchy must become

    <sockets>
        <server-sockets>
            <factory name="ssl" ...>
                <ssl-factory>
                    <keystore>
                    </keystore>
                </ssl-factory>
            </factory>
        </server-sockets>
    </sockets>

2. A new <key-password>xxx</key-password> element must be added inside
the <keystore>...</keystore> block in addition to the
<password>xxx</password> *even if the private key password is the same
as the keystore password*.

Everything seems to work quite well in my pretty complex configuration;
next week I will put v3 in production and monitor it carefully for a few
days, and then let you know.

I will also update james-config.xml in trunk and the wiki page for ssl
support.

Vincenzo