james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Applying for committer status
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 19:43:47 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Danny wrote:
> > Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> > > I'm writing this to let you know I'm interested in gaining
> > > this role in this project.

And I've been watching your contributions and thinking along these lines.

> > Thats good. What you have to do is show that you can work with us.
> > Carry out your plans, and submit patches, once we trust you
> > someone will nominate you.

> I thought I was already doing this ;-)

You are.  :-)

> Is there a better modus operandi for me to submit my ideas and work?

Not really.  Actually, I was interested in something you posted to JIRA
today, but you didn't include the patches.

> I sent a message about "RemoteDelivery and DSN Notifications" on May, the
> 2nd but received no answer: how should I get this sort of silence?

Only that of us who are working on JAMES are rediculously busy and need more
people like yourself.  :-)

> Is there interest for a full ESMTP-DSN compliance in James?

Yes.

> my DSN support changes needs changes in the James core.

We'll talk about them.  I know that you've tried, but actually getting a
chance to collaborate with you and see how you collaborate with others is
one thing I'd like to see before voting on you as a Committer.

I'm still going to be really busy, but at least for the next two weeks, I
should be online, as I work on my ApacheCon EU tutorial.

	--- Noel