james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject JAMES ... now that we (may be) merged, where to?
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 02:11:37 GMT
> Were we thinking of requiring JDK 1.4 for James 3.0?  If so, we could
> move to using java.util.regex, eh?

I would like to get this version stable, and we can branch it as a JDK 1.3 branch, so that
we'll have something good for people still stuck on JDK 1.3.  Then we can look at moving mainstream
development (trunk) to require JDK 1.4.

As for oro vs j.u.regex, we'd have to compare to see.  I'm comfortable with Oro.  It works,
we have good code for it, we understand any threading issues.  But if someone else wants to
make the effort ...

If this merged code works, what do we want to do about a release?  We've got some pending
changes we can start making again.  <<whew>>  And I'd like to see some of the
new contributors submitting patches and working towards Committership.

High up on my personal priority list is getting the in-process processor into the system.

	--- Noel