james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JAMES ... now that we (may be) merged, where to?
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 15:50:33 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> > Well, hopefully I'm not the only one looking at this code.
> I'm applying my local patches and preparing for the tests.

> I'm not a committer

Keep working.  You could be.  :-)

> IMHO this new "merge" should be soon a 2.3 release,
> the last Avalon-specific.

Agree on last Avalon-specific.  Not sure about 2.x vs 3.x

> v3 will be POJO/jdk1.4

Let's agree that v.NEXT will be POJO.  :-)  You want to tie JDK 1.4 to POJO,
I take it.

> There are no many differences with the current 2.2.1-dev to switch to a
3.0
> and I think that it is backward compatible with 2.2.x, isn't it?

Well, there are many things that can be done with this code base.  In my
view, POJO is not the highest priority.

	--- Noel