james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Short term, but immediate, solution to spam volume.
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 20:12:05 GMT
Hontvari Jozsef wrote:

Hey!  It is great to hear from you.  Haven't seen much of you lately.

> Maybe it helps, I have attached the source which we use for about a
> year.

Please review my version (ATTACHED FOR FEEDBACK FROM ALL).  Quite similar to
yours, borrowing from the DNS RBL matcher.

Why did you check the block list on each RCPT TO rather than once when the
connection was initiated?

Also, I coded it so that a local IP could send without being blocked.

> I cannot create a standard patch because my last workspace is
> based on the now non-existent cvs repository.

You should be able to get everything from SVN, including the branch you are
using.

	--- Noel