james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Wanted: Volunteers for Fast-Fail Proposal/Implementation
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 11:43:23 GMT
> A possible solution would be to have mailetcontext callbacks that are
called
> by the mailets to update the mail "delivery status" so that it can decide
> wethere to create DSNBounces (standard behaviour) or to inform the
> SMTPHandler of the status update ("in-protocol processor" behaviour).

Actually I was trying to say that I thought that a DSN listener could be
attached to the Mail, this listener would be responsible for sending
messages and could be invoked from any mailet.
Remote delivery could respond to JavaMail events by triggering DSN events
in the affected message(es)

> Did you get the problem?

Yes.

>Have you understood why I think a solution to this
> problem would help also the synchronous reply to the DATA SMTP command?

No. I still don't see how the requirement for this level of DSN is in any
way related to the requirement for meaningful responses to be provided
during the SMTP conversation. I still don't see how that would be fulfilled
by an in-process-processor.

I would _like_ to understand the relevant equirement and why it has
resulted in proposals for an in-process-processor, perhaps I'm just being
stupid.

d.

viruses.