james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: *** IMPORTANT *** Project Branches
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 15:50:49 GMT
+1
Remove it Noel, it has served its purpose (to provoke someone int to doing
the job right ;-) and has been deprecated for long enough.

|         |           "Steve Brewin"   |
|         |           <sbrewin@synsys.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           02/05/2005 21:33 |
|         |           "James Developers|
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       "'James Developers List'" <server-dev@james.apache.org>
                                              |
  |       cc:
                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: *** IMPORTANT *** Project Branches

> From: Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
> I am seriously contemplating removng fetchpop, unless users
> tell us that
> they need it.

+1

It should be removed in a the next version. I think we should remove it
from
the "Feature Status" list on the front page where it is listed as
"Experimental" right now, so there is no encouragement to use it.

I guess we could add its replacement, Fetchmail, to the list.

-- Steve

viruses.