james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Summer of Code - JAMES Fastfail and Clustering
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:47:14 GMT
> I would probably configure virtual user mapping within the
> protocol handler, which would allow me to reject unknown
> users in-protocol instead of via bounce notices.  But this
> should be a configurable choice, ideally using the same code.

If you run VirtuserTable in the protocol handler what will happen to
messages entering the root spool from a MailetContext.sendMail() (FetchMail,
Forwarding Mailets, etc) ?

I don't like the configuration duplication that you will need in such a
case.

We need a solution that allow us to run parts of the "handlers" also to
complete messages entering the spool from other services.

Stefano