james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mikler <mik...@bekarsoft.com>
Subject Summer Coding
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:32:03 GMT
Hello!

My name is Mikhail Kolesnik. I'm a student of Belorussian State
University (www.bsu.by) and I'm looking forward to participate in
Summer of Code program of Google.
(http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html)

As i've understood from
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005 I should contact
mentor before a applying, to devise some things like delivirable and
time graph. Is that so?

I'm writing to you about project:
> james-imap
> Implementation of IMAP support
> The Apache JAMES mail server has partial IMAP support, and several other pieces blocking
on it.
> An improvement to the message repository is neccessary to enable IMAP support, which
(in turn)
> will enable jseive support. Jason Webb would help the student get started on the necessary
changes.

I think that pure java mail server is a greate idea and I would like
to contributing to it. What is needed from me to apply? Looking
forward to answer any of your questions.

--
Good Luck!
 Mikler                          mailto:mikler_mpz@tut.by