james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Anagha Mudigonda <anaghamudigo...@yahoo.com>
Subject James fast fail thoughts
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:48:00 GMT
Hi,
I have been actively following the Fast fail design
discussions.
I was wondering if it may be necessary to configure
rule as the following:
If MAIL FROM validation passed SPF then no need to
Validate RCPT TO
If MAIL FROM, RCPT TO Passed then no need to validate
DATA

We not only need session state but some kind of rule
engine if we need to support the above feature.

Also I was thinking if the JAMES could be redesigned
to have common framework for IN-PROTOCOL(a.k.a Fast
Fail) or PIPELINE.

In configuration an extra parameter would be there to
indicate the type:

IN-PROTOCOL / PIPELINE. The Pipeline option routed
over Mailet API whereas a new architecture defined for
IN-PROTOCOL.

Anagha Mudigonda
Fast fail Enthusiast
Graduate Student