james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Slavin <bsla...@ee.pitt.edu>
Subject Google Summer of Code: Implementation of IMAP support
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:13:54 GMT
Hello All,

My name is Ben Slavin, and I'm an undergraduate student in the Computer
Engineering program at the University of Pittsburgh. I came across your
project through the Google Summer of Code program, and am interested in
learning more about the proposed '*Implementation of IMAP support' project.

I have what I consider to be a strong background in Java, as well as
C/C++, and think that I could provide positive input to the JAMES
project. I have recently been trying to better understand the way in
which IMAP works, and think this could be the perfect opportunity.

Because I've never worked with JAMES previously, I'd like to get the
input of some of the members of this mailing list to get a better idea
of what needs to be done to get IMAP on its feet, and what I might be
able to contribute. The description on the suggestion page of
'*improvement to the message repository is neccessary' is somewhat
vague, so if someone close to this part of the project might be able to
extrapolate, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm open to suggestions from the group, and hope that I'll be able to
work with you in the future to improve the feature set of JAMES!

All the best!
  --Ben