james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jan-Hendrik Kuperus <kra...@shirmanos.student.utwente.nl>
Subject Summor of Code Project: james-imap
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:07:26 GMT
Hello,

recently I've expressed my interest in taking on this project for the
Summer of Code, via the Google Application Form. I'm not sure if I'm
supposed to wait for a reply from your side or not, but I was anxious to
get to know more about the project.

So, let me start out by trying to explain why I am interested in this
particular project. I'm a fifth year University Student in Computer
Science at the University of Twente (Netherlands). I have a broad
experience with Java, as I've done several projects for courses and I am
also teaching first-year students how to program in Java.
Among the projects I have done myself and those I have mentored are
several Client-Server applications. Therefor I think I would be capable
of implementing IMAP in the James Server.

I've gathered some information about the project already: I've read
through the developers-wiki of James, I've downloaded the source and
started browsing it and I've download and read into a few RFCs
concerning the IMAP protocol.

As you can see, I'm anxious to get started on discussing the project and
ofcourse implementing it. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik Kuperus
kramor@shirmanos.student.utwente.nl