james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [bump]RE: Serious bandwidth begin consumed by James
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:10:04 GMT
> > 3. Non RFC compliant rejection of messages over size limit,
> and this
> > also screws up the remainder of the SMTP session.
>
> Stefano was working on buffering in SMTP.  I don't know and
> haven't looked to see if he got to this one, or if we still
> need a patch.

NO, my patch is only to remove a buffer in a stream reader because we
already have a buffer in the underlying stream handler. Removing the second
buffer makes the PIPELINING to work better.

About message size I also fixed the ESMTP SIZE announce that was broken
(code has been already applied) but I've not improved the size limit check.

Stefano