james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Chirizzi" <anto...@chirizzi.com>
Subject Re: IMAP for James: offering help to development
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:32:15 GMT
Jason,

I checked out all the sources from the link.
I can see two directories named "imap" and "imap2", and, only in "imap",
there are 3 files documenting the current state of IMAP for James.
Are the information contained in
imap-dev/proposals/imap/wwwstatusIMAPserver.html up to date?
Why are there two directories named "imap" and "imap2" ? Maybe one is the
old one and imap2 is a new rewriting?
Are there any other information on the state of IMAP for James apart the
ones I can find in the sources themselves?

-Antonio

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Jason Webb [mailto:jw@inovem.com]
Inviato: giovedi 23 giugno 2005 11.44
A: 'James Developers List'
Oggetto: RE: IMAP for James: offering help to development

Apologies, Antonio.
I had intended to respond to your previous email but I'm a bit busy at the
moment.
The IMAP dev branch is at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/imap-dev

The main piece of work still to is to map & adapt the current James
repository system onto the IMAP server. I'm doing this at the moment but it
is slow going.

To help on the IMAP stuff you will need a good understanding of how James
hangs together, including how mail repositories work, where users live etc

There is a Google summer of code project to add SEARCH to the IMAP server as
this is a complex but distinct piece of work.

-- Jason