james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: James Projects
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:53:41 GMT
Harsh Jain wrote:

> My current bias is towards IMAP Search support and James-Clustering
> I was wondering which one is more challenging and involves a good
> amount of coding or if you can suggest more difficult and pending
> stuff to do

IMO, clustering would probably be the more challenging of the two, if done
right.  As for a list of other pending projects, I just posted a list a few
minutes ago in another message of a number of things that could be done.
And I just remembered several others, such as (assuming that IMAP were
working) adding groupware-type support, a la Exchange and GroupWise.

> I was also wondering how open are apache mentors for new ideas.

We're all very open.  Just find a project that aligns well with what you
want to do.  :-)

	--- Noel