james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [bump]RE: Serious bandwidth begin consumed by James
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:36:19 GMT
Daniel,

I will post today a new nightly build.  If you are interested in testing the
new improvements, that'd be great.

> 1. endless remote delivery retries on an exception when remote delivery
> bounces a message

> 2. Error (eg. OutOfMemoryError) at any point in remote delivery causes
> endless retries, as only exceptions cause dropping of message, not errors.

These should be significantly improved, if not eliminated.

> 3. Non RFC compliant rejection of messages over size limit, and this
> also screws up the remainder of the SMTP session.

Stefano was working on buffering in SMTP.  I don't know and haven't looked
to see if he got to this one, or if we still need a patch.

	--- Noel