james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Innodb better?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:34:57 GMT
I've vacillated about this, and used both on and off since innodb was made
available in mysql.
My opinion is that it is a DBA concern, but we might like to offer some
documentation on the subject to allow DBA's to make informed choices if we
have knowledge worth sharing.
d.

|         |           Serge Knystautas |
|         |           <sknystautas@gmai|
|         |           l.com>           |
|         |           25/06/2005 18:23 |
|         |           "James Developers|
|         |           List"            |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       server-dev@james.apache.org
                                          |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Innodb better?
                                          |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

After reading some tips on mysql optimization, I altered my email
table for James from myisam to innodb.  The rational was that there is
a lot of concurrent writing happening, so it would greatly benefit
from row-level locking.

It seems like things are faster, though I haven't done any real tests.
 For others who know MySQL well, does this make sense, and should we
alter the create scripts to use this table type?

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501

reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limit
 ed.

viruses.