james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: SMIME mailet/matchers (Was: Signed e-mail as an anti-SPAM measure)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:15:22 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> About S/MIME:
> We developed a few S/MIME mailet/matchers.
>
> Matchers:
> IsSMIMESigned
> IsSMIMEEncrypted
>
> Mailets:
> SMIMECertificateToAttribute
> SMIMEDecrypt
> SMIMESignerInfo
> SMIMEVerify
>
> Util:
> SMIMEUtils
>
> I this we are almost ready to commit them to subversion so
> someone else can
> check them.
> The matcher/mailets are not yet in production because we need
> to do more
> tests.
>
> If you agree I will commit them later in august.

Cool! It would be great if you could also commit some accompanying xdocs to
explain their usage too.

> Should I add them to the current mailets/matchers packages or
> create a new
> subpackage smime?

IMHO, creating subpackages of .mailet, .matcher and .utils for functional
areas, such as SMIME is a good idea.

config.xml will need updating to include the subpackages in
<mailetpackages/> and <matcherpackages/>. Better to have them in there by
default than lots of user group questions about why isn't SMIMExxx found.

As the Mailet and Matcher searches evaluate all configured packages in a
single merged namespace its best to keep your SMIME prefix to avoid naming
clashes.

> Stefano

-- Steve