james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefano Bagnara (JIRA)" <server-...@james.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (JAMES-331) JDBCMailStore failes on check for message_attributes column
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:30:35 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-331?page=all ]
Stefano Bagnara resolved JAMES-331:

    Resolution: Invalid
     Assign To: Stefano Bagnara

Maybe the problem is that using the C-JDBC driver James does not know that the server is Mysql:

sqlResources.xml contains a configuration that try to identify the db given the JDBC driver
in use:
    <dbMatcher db="mssql" databaseProductName="microsoft sql server"/>
    <dbMatcher db="oracle" databaseProductName="oracle.*"/>
    <dbMatcher db="mysql" databaseProductName="my.*"/>
    <dbMatcher db="postgresql" databaseProductName="postgres.*"/>
    <dbMatcher db="sapdb" databaseProductName="sap.*"/>
    <dbMatcher db="hypersonic" databaseProductName="HypersonicSQL"/>
    <dbMatcher db="db2" databaseProductName="db2.*"/>
    <dbMatcher db="ingres" databaseProductName="ingres.*"/>

You probably need to add a matcher for the C-JDBC that will fallback to mysql but this is
a specific configuration for your own environment.
C-JDBC will "hide" the real drivers and automatic recognition will never work.

I close this issue. Feel free to reopen it if needed.

> JDBCMailStore failes on check for message_attributes column
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>          Key: JAMES-331
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-331
>      Project: James
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: UsersStore & UsersRepository, SpoolManager & Processors
>     Versions: 2.2.0
>  Environment: FreeBSD, Sun JDK 1.4.2-p6, MySQL via. C-JDBC.
>     Reporter: Brill Pappin
>     Assignee: Stefano Bagnara
>     Priority: Blocker

> No matter what I do in the configuration I get the following trace for both the mail
repository and the spool repository (note: I've changed the name of the table to "mail_spool").
> I have confirmed that the table and the column are created properly however the method
JDBCUtil.columnExists(DatabaseMetaData, String, String) always returns false for the column
> java.sql.SQLException: JdbcMailRepository 'spool, table 'mail_spool': JDBC Mail Attributes
support was activated but column '
> message_attributes' is missing in table 'mail_spool'.
>         at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.checkJdbcAttributesSupport(JDBCMailRepository.java:456)
>         at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.initialize(JDBCMailRepository.java:383)
>         at org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.select(AvalonMailStore.java:300)
>         at org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.initialize(AvalonMailStore.java:129)
>         at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:235)
>         at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:144)
>         at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.startup(DefaultApplication.java:480)

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org

View raw message