james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@avaloninc.com>
Subject Re: MX localhost
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:47:30 GMT
On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 13:01 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I'm seeing a problem where misconfigured domains (sometime I suspect
> intentionally) have 127.0.0.1 for their MX record.
>
> Should we filter out 127/8, and not consider it valid in RemoteDelivery?

I think this could be an option but I don't think we should mandate that
all outgoing mail to 127/8 be filtered since we use this for testing
purposes.  We often don't want emails going out to the real world when
developing/testing so we have a test network setup that intercepts all
MX record queries and returns 127.0.0.1.

-Mike