james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:43:13 GMT
> > > - I've not been able to run james in "Phoenix trunk"
> >
> > Peter Royal indicated that he would help us with any Phoenix
> > changes that we really needed.
>
> I'm not sure I would like to use phoenix-trunk: does any other project use
> it?
>
> I feel really better with loom. It just reported good errors that pointed me
> to the solution in really few time while with phoenix-trunk I've lost a lot
> of time with no solution.

IMO good error messages is worth 100 times all the other issues
mentioned on both sides.  It consider moving away from DBCP a plus,
but that along with all the other advantages/disadvantages are "eh"
issues to me.

That said, the removing whitespace issue is a show stopper.  If we
could get around that, I would +1 the change.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501