james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:45:38 GMT
> I've already said this a lot of time: it will take A LOT of time to move
> away from avalon/cornerstone/excalibur. IMHO it would be really a big
> mistake to continue to think to that move as a near move. I'm almost sure
> that james will continue depending at least on one of the "discussed"
> libraries for at lease 1 or 2 years. IMHO we should try moving step by step.

+1.  Just because we don't like our situation and want an entirely new
architecture shouldn't exclude improvements/changes to our existing
solution.

Again to me, if we get rid of the whitespace issue so we can basically
use the same configuration file, this seems like a change worth
discussing.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501