james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Spoolmanager blues
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:12:28 GMT
> I am having trouble with the JamesSpoolManager in the trunk.
> I experience mails hanging in the spool, it looks like the
> offending piece of code is the return statement in line 418.
> The reason I suspect that line is that I cannot reproduce the
> effect if I remove the line.

If you remove the return you change the current behaviour.

Currently each spool thread get a message from the spool, run it in the
processor associated with the current spool and returns.

If you remove the return then a single thread will bring the mail to GHOST
in a single processing. At the end of each processor the LinearProcessor
will store each mail in the spool (currently there are no drowbacks in
storing the same message multiple time without accepting them again, but I
did not changed it because I'm not sure it is a good thing)

IMHO the problem is in the spool.unlock implementation for the file
repository.

Stefano