james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject MailRepository notification/synchronization change (svn commit: r279353)
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:58:10 GMT
I've just committed a patch I created today.

The bug was both in file repositories and db repositories.
Db repositories never sleeps forever so you simply had 60 seconds delay when
the notification didn't work.

Adding a Thread.sleep(1000) after each notify() you can easily add evidence
to notification issues.
If you never noticed the problem then you probably are lucky enough with
your thread timings.

I manually tested the spooling of single messages and ran stress-test to
verify the impact on performance.
Performance under stress are very similar.

Please test the change/review the code and report back any doubt.

I simply moved the notification to the "spool.unlock" method. I also added
locking/unlocking to the spool.store method.
I tryed to reduce differences between the file and db "synchronized" methods
and locking policies.

Stefano